Friday, December 10, 2010

Final Research Project Draft, Research Report Evaluation and Reflection Papers

Well it's the end of the semester literally and I have to submit my research proposal, research report evaluation and reflections by Monday. This has been a long semester and I've not been keeping up like I would've liked to, especially since November as that's when things got really hectic for me with school. I will say that despite this, I think my Research Proposal turned out really well, despite how everything was really confused in my head, once I got all the data down it started to make sense. I did end up getting a couple more articles to use on the final paper, such as Amie C. Kolos's "The Role of Play Therapists in Children's Transitions: From Residential Care to Foster Care," which explains about multiple placements and the effect it has on foster children, a resource I've been trying to find since the beginning. The National Endowment for the Arts study To Read or Not to Read: A Question of National Consequence, Research Report #47, gave statistics on how reading has been has gone down in the past 20 years, especially for 13-24 yr olds. This is a particularly sad assessment not only for librarians but also for the general population as well. 

I'm choosing the UK's National Literacy Trust's Executive Summary of their 2009 national summary to review for my Research Report Evaluation. I think I might try to tackle the Reflection paper as well tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment