Monday, September 27, 2010

Chapter 6 of Robson

I'm a wee bit behind on posting but I'm here now. Robson's Chapter 6 was all about Flexible Designs, which was less boring to read about than Fixed Designs and actually applicable since it is what I plan to use for my research proposal. Before I had stated that I wanted to do grounded theory, but now that I am looking at the Box on page 6.1 I am considering doing a case study as it allows you to use multiple sources for information and there is a type of study called a Community Study, which is the "study of one or more local communities. Describes and analyses the pattern of, and relations between, main aspects of community life (politics; work; leisure; family life; etc) (Robson, 181)." I figure that fits foster kids and reading/library use pretty well.

1 comment:

  1. A case study could utilize a grounded theory approach or could go off in other directions. It will be interesting to see where you end up. :-)

    ReplyDelete