Friday, August 27, 2010

More Database Searching

I figure that the more articles I can find and read on the subject, the more likely I am to decide on this topic and more importantly what exactly to focus on. I decided to browse Gamecock Power Search again to try to find more articles, as I only found 4-5 I could possibly use, though I will have to read through them to verify even this amount. So I searched "foster care, teenagers, and libraries" to see if I could get more hits. Most of the articles were from the Psychology or Nursing fields, though some had to do with literature and youth. I found these articles:

Winerip, Michael. "Getting a Grip on Survival Skills For Fending in an Unfair World". New York Times: May 14, 2003.
                    This article was about a young man who was in foster care and how going to a library and how working there helped him.

Quinn, Jane. "Where Need Meets Opportunity: Youth Development Programs for Teens". The Future of Children (Princeton University). Vol. 9, No. 2, When School Is out (Autumn, 1999), pp. 96-116
                   This article discusses the need for youth development programs, which includes going to the public library.

No comments:

Post a Comment